Welcome to March, where we are getting our first taste of Spring. To be honest, I didn’t realize how much stuff we had coming up, but let me assure you, We have plenty!
Get involved, active, and show us what your passion is all about!
Here’s a list of our upcoming events:
3/11 – 7pm – General Meeting at Anju Above.
– discussions about upcoming events, project statuses, and general information.
3/14 – 12:01pm – St. Paddy’s day parade (participants)
– The Sharin’ of the Green parade. Come to Uptown normal and join us for throwing candy and waving for all of the folks. One of the better parades in town, and its only 6 blocks! Oh, and we meet up at Lunkers after for a beverage and food. More information can be requested from Megan – [email protected]
3/18 – 6:30pm – Avanti’s restaurant night
– Still getting all of the details on this together, but basically, if you order avanti’s at all on the 18th and mention the jc’s, we get a portion of the proceeds.
– We are also running a social from 6:30
– 8ish to meet up and have some fun! RSVP with Seth – [email protected]
3/20 – 5:30 pm – Peoria General Meeting
- More visitation points for our chapter, but mostly to get an idea of what other chapters in the area do at meetings. This is also a great way to network and to get more ideas for projects. – if interested, contact Seth – [email protected]
– Come test your trivia skills at the VFW. Funds raised will go to Heartland Head Start. $80/table. teams of 4-8. Contact Tony Brown- [email protected]
for more information.
3/25 – 7pm – New Member Orientation
– Come learn about the Jaycees, the traditions, and the projects we run. Sign up with Carly for more information – [email protected]
3/28 – Doggie Easter Egg Hunt
– More information to come at the Meeting on Wednesday
— Jen is the holder of information on this one – Jennifer Brown – [email protected]
3/28 – 9:30pm – Princeton Brew and View
– Bring your favorite brew and join the Princeton Jaycees for a night at the theater! $10 admission includes movie (yet to be determined), popcorn, and fountain drink. BYOB to enjoy with the movie. Doors will open for us at 9:30. Movie to start by 10. The Princeton JC’s also offered to help with sleeping arrangements, if anyone doesn’t want to drive home afterwards.
4/8 – 7pm – General Meeting
– Come find out more about the Jaycees at Anju Above.
4/11 – 11ish – Wheelchair Basketball concessions
– Help out the Life Center for Independent Living by running their concession stand. This runs from 11ish to 1ish. Its great fun and helps out a wonderful cause. Contact Dillon if you want to help out – [email protected]
4/12 – noon – Tulip 5k
– The 7th annual Tulip 5k is back and in full swing. Either come to volunteer or to walk/run in the race. Proceeds go to the Siteman Cancer Center and is one of our tent-pole projects! Reach out to Katy to get involved – [email protected]